Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week 7

So this week kind of a lot happened - although it wasn't all necessarily stuff that we were planning on or appreciated...
My phone broke, which wasn't a huge problem, more of a minor inconvenience. Had to send it in for repair. Got a loaner which was a downgrade...from the $6 phone...so you can imagine what a gem that was. Whatever - it was fine. Then. Um. IT happened. I dropped and killed my computer. Dead. No bueno. Panic set in. Thankfully, my generous hubby agreed to buy me a Mac which was awesome. But it's much cheaper to buy one from the US than the UK. Problem is - they won't ship it here. So we decided to ship it to his mom who was leaving at 4:00pm on Monday to come here...Perfect. So we overnighted the computer to her and the Mac web site said that it should be there either Friday or Monday. But on Friday, we got an email saying that it was going to ship and should be there by Tuesday. Um...wait - that doesn't work. So I called Apple and kind of went on a mini tirade. I asked to speak with a manager. They put me on hold for 20 minutes and never came back. Well, I guess that was kinda fair. Anyway, we finally got a shipment notification and it said it should be there by 3:00pm Monday. Whew...lets hope. So we squeaked in just under the wire. I got my new baby when Karyn arrived this week...but more on her arrival in the week 8 blog. Lets remember that I'm a week behind here due to this little set back ;)
It rained a lot this week, so incidentally, we didn't go out much. So - for the enjoyment of all in their cushy houses back in the big TX...I decided to hit on a few highlights of our home here in London. Working our way across row 1 of pictures from the upper left corner...This is our living room. It's the biggest room in the flat if you don't count the impossibly long hallway (to the right). It's decor leaves something to be desired. Yes, that sofa probably does belong to Austin Powers. I mean...what were they thinking? The next pic down is a view fro the opposite side of the living room into the dining room. Since we do so much entertaining. It seats 10.
2nd row of pics starts with our bedroom. Yes - the drapes match the chair. If you look very closely at the end of the bed you'll see a throw rug. That is the extent of the "carpet" in the flat. So - carpet beetles huh? And never in this room. Weird. The blue tiles are from our master bath. I especially love the 1x2 holding up the corner of our sink. And the 4 tiles that totally don't match. Finally, we have our microwave that is no lie older than me. It has a lock people. never seen anything like it. Yes, I am certain it leaks radiation. And finally is our dishwasher. No - I didn't open it to show you how lovely it is. This is as far as it opens and thus this is as far out as the bottom rack slides out. Sweet. No, this isn't all of the loveliness that this apartment has to offer. I just picked some of my faves. Those of you who come visit get to see it in all it's glory.
Saturday we visited the Churchill War rooms. Much more interesting that I though. How would you like to use a "chemical" toilet instead of a flushing one? Um, Ewww.
After the war rooms, we headed to Trafalgar Square. It was super busy, so we kept walking. We came upon this HUGE parade. Probably about 5000 people - and worship music. Wow - maybe this is why it was so busy...

Next, we headed on to Picadilly Circus,

up to Oxford Street, back through Hyde park and home. Another full day.

Sunday, we did our usual breakfast then on to HP. We went for a stroll along Kensington High street, then back through the park for another carousel ride. At home, we started preparing for our company...TWO visitors this week! More in the next blog, but for now, just this ;)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: