Friday, March 26, 2010

Best Week EVER

So this week was unlike any week since the inception of our household. This week, Steve took the whole week off...well, it was suppose to be the whole week. He actually had to go into work Tuesday, but lets not split hairs...My point is that he took the week off and we did NOTHING! OK, also not entirely true. We did a lot actually, but nothing of consequence. We didn't travel or have company. We just spent the week as a family. AMAZING!

This week we did a few things worth mentioning. We planted flowers, put up and took down a shed (long story - ask me about it sometime, but only if you want an ear full), did yard work, visited the fire station, went shopping, went to the doctor (twice), got x-rays (more to follow), and today we went to the zoo.

So, I totally failed as a mom on the fire station thing. Cade love firetrucks ("whoo whoo" - the sound effect he makes every time he says the word), so we made a trip up there. They were so, so nice. They gave him a hat, badge, stickers and coloring book. They turned on the lights and let him sit in the truck. It was amazing - and I don't have a single picture of it. I know, I know - I totally dropped the ball. I have no idea what I was (or wasn't) thinking, but I forgot my camera. Please don't dwell on it. I can't believe I failed so miserably. Live and learn.

Steve also took Cade to the mall one morning without me. No, seriously...my Steve...went to the mall...voluntarily...without me...no lie. He took Cade to buy a baseball cap. It's so cute - his little curls sticking out from underneath. He looks so grown up. Only the sippy cup reminds me that he's still my baby.


And today we went to the zoo. It was laid back and fun and just the best to see all my boys together. Cole pretty much slept the whole time as he had a long morning. He had to get his hips x-rayed this morning per his pediatrician. She has some concerns about his feet/hips. We don't know much yet, but we have an appointment with a pediatric orthopedic...no, no...not Cade's - that would be too easy...another one. I'll update when we know more. But for now, just Zoo pics.






No comments: