Sunday, June 6, 2010

How did we end up HERE?

And by Here, I mean London!
About 3 months ago, Steve had a business trip to Seattle. He was leaving on Sunday and Saturday he said to me "hey, do you and the boys maybe want to come with?" Um - No! I mean, everyone knows the saying "nobody likes change", but I take that to a whole new level. I don't do change. Not even a little. I shut down. Panic. Throw my hands up and shout to the world "I can't do this!!" So, no, the idea of getting myself and the boys ready to go to a city I don't know in a matter of hours with no PLAN was not on my agenda.

I was recanting the story to my sister kind of like "can you believe he'd even ask me that" when she responded in her usual optimistic way "why not, It would be fun". So it got me to thinking - maybe I should be more like Amy. Go out on a limb every once in a while...

Then last month, the question came again..."I think I'm going to have to go to London for work and it could be about 4 months...what would you think about all of us moving there?"...and with Amy's voice shouting in my head, my mouth blurted out "sure" before my brain could stop it. And here we are...Holy Cow.

It was a whirlwind 3 weeks. I started looking for apartments and planning every last detail before I even had final confirmation that we were going. When the call came in though, I was no closer to having a place to live and panic took over. I gave up sleeping. Got up at 4 am Texas time every morning so I could start calling estate agents in London. Every nap time was spent online - searching searching. Then Steve boarded a plane and I was on my own to get myself and two boys to London...with 4 months worth of stuff. Oh - and STILL no place to live.

So we finally settled on a place to live - which I, of course, had never seen. 2 days later the boys and I got on a plane (which was no easy feat..eh hem...security) and the adventure began.

Oh, and just for those who missed it, Cade turned TWO in the middle of this mess and I didn't even blog about it! Here's the cutest invitation ever (thanks Amber) for the party that wasn't really a party, but I needed an invite for his baby book.


2 comments:

Sharley said...

I'm so in love with this invite. So creative!

Anonymous said...

It's too bad you couldn't use the video of him saying TWO! over and over again. Because that is the funniest thing ever, and I love it.

P.S. Amber misses you. A lot. :)