Monday, August 9, 2010

Week 10

Well, I have to admit, there's not a ton to write in the blog this week because after 2 fun filled weeks of guests, mommy took a week off from fun. I totally fell down on the job this week and we didn't take one trip to the park or a museum or anything! We did, however make it to Gymboree all 5 days and we scored a new and Oh-So-Fabulous babysitter. Her name is Claire and she works at Gymboree. She's about to go on holiday to Croatia and needed a little extra money - which is great since I needed a little extra help ;). She's 28, an actress/singer and super, super, super, sweet. She's thoughtful and helpful and responsible. We really like her. So lets see - since I don't have any interesting stories of what we did this week, maybe some stories about Cade and his adorable-ness.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that every time Cade would get hurt, I'd say to him "I'm sorry", and therefore, he too would start saying it to me as soon as he would get hurt. And sometimes, when I bring the buggy up the stairs, I jiggle the boys a little hard and I say "I'm sorry boys, that's my fault" So now, whenever something "undesirable" happens, Cade says "I'm sorry, that's my fault" and I say "No baby, it's not your fault". To which he almost always replies "It's Mommy's fault". Well - looks like I can check the lesson in blame off the list. Seems like we have that one pretty much covered.
And Cole - Cole signed "more" Saturday morning. Now, I can't guarantee that it was on purpose, but it was the correct sign and it was while he was eating so I'm goin' with it.

This weekend we went to Hampton Court which I was really looking forward to. It's the most famous of Henry VIII palaces as well as where sis son, King Edward VI was born and his mother and Henry's 3rd wife, Jane Seymour died. It is really beautiful - and BIG. We of course took the train there. Cade is loving trains these days and there were lots of smiles from my boys on the way. We had most of the car to ourselves and didn't have to worry too much about keeping them quiet which was nice. Oh yeah - and Cade jumped for the first time. He's not the most coordinated kid in the world, but man he has fun trying.



The gardens were really, really beautiful. We also went through the hedge maze (in the rain) which is suppose to be the most famous of it's kind in the world. I didn't get any pictures since it was raining and also since...well...you couldn't really tell it was a maze unless you were shooting from above.

Sunday we visited the Royal Mews or stables. This is where some of the horses are kept, but also where the royal coaches and limousines are. There wasn't a ton to see there, but it was interesting nonetheless. Steve wasn't too impressed, but he did say "well, it was the coolest horse stable I've ever seen". Touché.

Two weeks until YaYa comes. We are very excited, but I'm starting to get uneasy about leaving London without Steve. He still has a lot of work to do here and seems no closer to the end despite 70 hour work weeks. Although I understand our reasoning for the boys and I coming home, I can't help but feel a little like we will be abandoning him. I will be praying that things start falling into place and that he will be re-joining us in Texas sooner rather than later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: