Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 12

So this week started out really fun with a visit to our friends, the Frailey's. Momma Frailey and I went to high school together. She and her clan have been living in London for about 3 years now I think and are here for at least another year. They have a very lovely house in Kew - which is just west of the city. It has a big backyard - huge by London standards really - complete with swing set and bounce house! I'll admit - it did take us 12 weeks to finally get together, but it was well worth it. My boys and her girls had a great time. They were wonderful hosts. We played, ate pizza, fought, flirted and had a most enjoyable time. Poor little Stella even got a bee sting on her tongue...ouch! It was really really nice to get out and play in a more intimate environment than play group - more like home. We loved it.


The rest of the week was more of our usual with the excited undertone of YaYa coming. We talked about it all week. We started counting down days until She got here as well as counting down days until we flew home to "Tess-ess". Not sure it's all sinking in, but we've been talking about the flight and how we have to sit in our seat all day. We have special treats that we shopped for that we can have on the plane and fun activities. I'm sure that since I explained it all to him so clearly that he will be good as gold. No? Logic and a two year old? This is going to be fun!
Saturday was Leeds Castle. Cade wasn't his usual self Saturday morning. He was noticeably tired and a little moody, but we aren't about to let that stop us. Throw 'em on the train and lets go...Now maybe two logical adults should have thought this through. 60 mile an hour moving vehicle. A two year old - who - lets just say isn't the most coordinated. Standing. On a vent. Oh Jeez. So down he goes and there is is. Our first chipped tooth. Now, not a bad chip by most standards. But I'm not most people. I'm...um...particular. And to me this is horrible. Enough to send me into a tirade about "what kind of idiots let a two year old stand up on a moving train?" Now I WAS referring to BOTH if his parents in this statement, but my poor husband looked over to Cade and under his breath said "I think your mom just called me an idiot..." Sorry. It's a character flaw. I'm working on it.

Leeds Castle was beautiful. We're pretty good at getting in a through castles these days. We don't waste our time on the audio guide...we have our own running commentary from the peanut gallery. And if they say it's a "2 hour tour" that generally means we'll have to rush through in about 30 minutes. Natives. Restless. You get the idea.

There is also a little village on the grounds with some places to eat, some shops and a dog collar museum (um, No. We didn't visit this one. I'm sorry, I know you wanted pictures). There is also a maze. We've done a couple of mazes before and they weren't really all that much fun. This one we decided to do a little differently. We split up. I took Cole and Steve took Cade and we set out to see who made it through first. After about 15 minutes and running back into each other 3 times, we teamed back up to make it to the center. Once you get there, you go up to a peak and you can look down on the maze. It was really cool. Then you walk through the best grotto. It was really really fun. The pictures don't do it justice. We really love it. By far the best one.

After the maze, we walked through the gardens and the aviary. I would post pictures of the birds, but apparently they all had a pact that none of them would look at me and under no circumstances would I be allowed to photograph anything but their backs...so fine, No bird pics.
We had to catch the bus back to the train station and while we waited for the other passengers, the bus driver let Cade "drive". Cutie. (Cade, not the real driver.) The day must have wiped him out because he fell fast asleep in Daddy's arms on the way home. It was a VERY quiet trip.

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY...we went to get YaYa at the airport. It was hard waiting...mostly for me. Cade kept himself well entertained riding the foot rails like a horse. After about 30 minutes she finally came through the doors. What? Are you serious? You look that good after a 9 hour flight. I looked like the walking dead, but whatever. I guess I still love you.

We didn't do much else fun on Sunday. We made a few trips out for groceries, diapers etc. We hung out and played and napped (the boys, not us). Geared up for week 13...and our FINAL LONDON BLOG...

No comments: