Sunday, December 19, 2010

Jingle in the Trunk

So we don't get to have too many "adult" parties these days.  Last night we celebrated YaYa and PaPa's birthdays at their house.  In an effort to entertain the troops, ZuZu and I raided the "minute to win it"  archive of games and came up with a winner.  Welcome to "Jingle in the Trunk".  If you haven't seen this one on TV,  it's a tissue box filled with 12 jingle bells, tied around your waist.  You have up to 1 minute to jump and shake those bells out.  I'm not sure who had more fun - us or the kids.  You don't quite get the full effect with still shots, but it was hilarious.  We also decorated gingerbread men and enjoyed homemade hot chocolate and homemade marshmallows.  If you've never had homemade marshmallows, your missing out.  They are totally worth it - nothing like the store bought ones. 
The picture taking ended abruptly when I dropped my camera and broke my only lens.  Not to worry - my favorite husband gave me the best early Christmas present when we got home...a new 50mm lens.  I'm totally in love with it and Christmas morning will now be saved!
Only one more week until Santa comes and there are some very excited boys in our house.  I sure hope it lives up to their expectations.  I have loved all of the fun things we've been doing this year leading up to the celebration of our Savior's birth.  Thanks Jesus for being born and giving us the best excuse to rock it out and celebrate! And Happy Birthday to my awesome P's.  We love you so much!