Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm surprised too

I was talking to Steve on the phone tonight about what our Saturday was going to look like. I was thinking of going to the barn in the morning. Steve had an invitation to go to the lake in the afternoon. The conversation went something like this...

Steve: "I'll watch him while you go to the barn - I don't mind"
Molly: "No, it's fine if you go to the lake, I'll take him with me - It's really OK"
Steve: "No, I'll watch him, I don't mind - besides, you are with him 24 hours a day - you need a break"

After we got off the phone, I started thinking about that statement and realized that before he was born, I probably would have thought that same thing. I think I even put those thoughts in Steve's head before Cade got here. I was sure that spending all your time with a baby would drive someone insane. But then it occurred to me - I don't feel like I need a break. I actually LIKE to be with him - ALL THE TIME. I know - it surprised me too.
Ask me again when he's 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You melt my heart!