Thursday, August 7, 2008

Schedule


Cade,

All the people around us have started taking notice of how adamant your mom is about your schedule. I've even joked- I live and die by the schedule. I even bought a new watch to help me since our schedule has become the cornerstone of our new life.

They can joke all they want - I LOVE our schedule. I love it partly because I need order in my life. I love it partly because you need order in your life. It helps us plan our days - and sleep through the night. It fits my personality and you don't seem to mind it. Mostly, I like our schedule because I can be assured that at least 2 times a day - I get to put you on my chest and shush you to sleep while I try to get some work done and type on the computer.

This is how our day goes...

sometime between 7 -8 am (see, I'm flexible) - you get up, eat and play

Usually round 9:30 you get tired and fussy and this is the first time of the day I put you on my chest to sleep. It's the only thing that calms you down. It's where you want to be. It's where I want you to be. It's where you are right this minute as I write this.

Afternoons are similar - you eat, play, sleep. Unfortunately, work is busier than I'd like and taking a lot of time. Thank goodness for Yaya and ZuZu. They spend at least some portion of every day watching you so I can work. I'm trying to make it better. Work harder, smarter, faster - I want to spend ALL my time with you. I'll get there - I'll figure it out. Please just don't grow up while I'm not watching. It will break my heart.

Evenings are a continuation of the eat, play, sleep cycle. Usually around 6 or so, you get tired and fussy again and the sleeping on the chest trick come into play again. Again - I'm typing, you're sleeping. It's just what we do. Every other night you get a bath. We finally figured out the trick to get you to stop crying - put a wet washcloth over your entire front. This tackles 2 issues - the "spraying" and the crying. You like your baths now - thank goodness. So, bath around 8, dinner at 8:15. Then it's right to bed. You don't fuss anymore. When you were 3 weeks old. we put you down one night and let you cry it out. Ever since then - no crying at bedtime. It's really amazing. You are a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good baby. But you don't get off the hook that easy - keep it up little boy. I have big dreams for you.

So, this weekend we are going to visit the whole gang in San Antonio. I'm of course worried (because that's what I do best) that you are going to get off your schedule and be cranky and fussy and won't sleep. It's a long drive and there will be a lot going on. I want everyone to see the happy, easy going, well adjusted baby I see every day. Prove me wrong little one. Be the perfect little boy that you are. But remember - even if you cry the whole time - I'll be there to try to make it better and I'll still love you just as much.

Forever and always - no matter what.

Mommy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is way to sweet. The love is amazing and even though we know you love your schedule we know that makes you who you are. Maybe cade has that part of mom just enough to deal with it. Will check back in during his teenage years to see how well that holds up. Until then enjoy the baby years!

Amy said...

I keep waiting for another entry! You are slowing down, and Cade isn't...we want to keep up with what's going on in his little world! Kiss Kiss -- Zuzu

hanabana said...

I love schedules too!