Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's Time

OK baby boy. It's time. Time for me to let go a little. Time to do something that not one fiber of my being wants to do. Time to justify a room full of expensive furniture. It's time for you to start sleeping upstairs.

I have no justifiable reason to NOT want you up there. You're sleeping through the night. We've got every monitor known to man. You've got a beautiful crib and we won't have to worry about waking you up when we're getting ready for bed. With all of that said - I still don't want to do it.

I don't mind sharing with you that prior to your birth, I had a LOT of trepidation about motherhood. I was worried about my lack of patience. My need for quiet. My personal time. While I still value those things - they all pale in comparison to being with you. Watching you. Holding you. Just being near you. It's not like I hold or watch you all the time when you're sleeping down here with us - but I know you're close - and I like that.

Anyway, this is something that has to happen eventually, so tonight is the night - wish me luck.

I love you peanut - more than words.


2 comments:

amberg said...

ohmygosh i love him!!!

good luck molly, you can do it- unless you can't and that's okay too.

Amy said...

as we say in the eudaly house
"snugs and bugs"
"hugs and kisses, goodnight wishes"